Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Bagful of Cauliflower

Good Morning! One of my Dahlings is facing a dilemma. She writes:

                Dear Pious Kitchen Lady,
               My in-laws gave me a large bag of frozen cauliflower. What should I do? 


Here is what you do, dear. 

Roasted Cauliflower

Spread fresh of semi-defrosted cauliflower florets on a baking sheet.
Spritz generously with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
Roast at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 
The florets will begin to look burnt. These are actually the best pieces! 

This makes a delightful snack or side dish. And be sure to serve this the next time those in-laws visit. Everyone knows it would be rude to not allow them to enjoy this charming gift.

Now Dahling, here is a bigger question. Just why would your in-laws give you a large bag of frozen cauliflower. I am unaware of this being any sort of endearing custom. They may be concerned for your intestinal health, I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What was that honey? Speak up!